Home Alone Course – Hamilton/Stoney Creek
June 26, 2020
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
The Home Alone Safety for Kids program helps families decide if their child is ready to stay home alone. This one-day program will help empower youth with confidence and skills to care for themselves when home alone! This class is held near the border of Hamilton & Stoney Creek.
In the Home Alone Safety for Kids course participants learn:
- Strategies to create a safe and positive environment and prevent injuries
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills to handle emergencies
- Online safety, fire safety, accident prevention
- Age-appropriate activities and games when home alone
- Safe & healthy snacking
- Basic first aid
About the Home Alone Safety course:
- 6 hours
- Taught by facilitators with a first aid and teaching background
- All participants receive a participant manual and certificate of attendance
PLEASE SEND A NUT-FREE LUNCH AND SNACKS & REFILLABLE WATER BOTTLE WITH YOUR CHILD. ALSO, IF YOU HAVEN’T ALREADY DONE SO, PLEASE ADVISE SOS 4 KIDS OF ANY HEALTH CONCERNS OR ALLERGIES THAT WE SHOULD BE AWARE OF BY EMAIL AT [email protected] .