HOME ALONE SAFETY FOR KIDS (9-12 years old)
During the COVID-19 pandemic, we have transitioned to virtual or live online classrooms. Now wherever you live, you can take the home alone course – Vancouver, Calgary, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Sudbury, Ottawa, Montreal, Halifax, St. John’s, New York, anywhere in Canada or United States – you can register your child for this beneficial life skills training. Start times are Eastern Standard Time. All you need is reliable internet access and a device. Click on the INFO/REGISTER button beside the course below for full details on course fees.
Is your child ready to stay home alone? The Home Alone Safety for Kids program helps children and their families get ready for their child’s first steps towards independence and being without adult supervision for short periods of time.
This safety program is ideally suited for children aged 9-12 years old. Safety and accident prevention are the common themes throughout the program. The information is relevant and current to today’s young learners. Course content includes:
- Street smarts and bike safety
- People safety (“Tricky People” and Safe strangers)
- Online and internet safety
- Snacking and kitchen safety
- Home fire safety
- Sibling rivalry
- Preventing accidents
- How to handle emergencies and other situations
- Basic first aid skills
The unique delivery model of our Home Alone Safety for Kids program reaches children of all learning-types. Innovative digital and traditional gaming techniques provide a fun and positive learning environment. Engaged participants learn valuable life skills to help them make safer choices when on their own.
All participants who attend our program in-class or through virtual sessions will receive the Home Alone Safety For Kids manual and certificate of attendance.
Home Alone Safety for Kids is also available online and can be completed independently, at your child’s own pace, in the comfort of your own home. The online format may be better suited for children who are unwilling or unable to attend a full-day class session and for parents or caregivers who wish to participate in their child’s training and reinforce key safety messages. For more details, please click here.
NEW! Virtual Sessions
We are now offering Virtual Classes taught through Zoom Meeting technology over five one-hour sessions. Participants will need a device that supports Zoom technology, preferably with audio and video capability and high-speed internet.
|VIRTUAL Home Alone Course After School - May 17-21 from 4:30-5:30pm (Toronto Time, 5 sessions)||Virtual Zoom Meeting||
|VIRTUAL Home Alone Course After School - May 17-20 from 7:30-8:45pm Toronto Time or 4:30-5:45pm Vancouver time (4 sessions)||Virtual Zoom Meeting||
|VIRTUAL Home Alone Course After School - May 25-28 from 4:30-5:45pm (Toronto Time, 4 sessions)||Virtual Zoom Meeting||
|VIRTUAL Home Alone Course (2 Weekends) - May 29-June 6 from 2-3:15pm (Toronto Time, 4 sessions)||Virtual Zoom Meeting||
|VIRTUAL Home Alone Course After School - May 31-Jun 3 from 6:15-7:30pm (Toronto Time, 4 sessions)||Virtual Zoom Meeting||
Our Physical Locations for In-class Sessions
We are happy to begin offering in-person training for the Home Alone Safety for Kids course. Strict COVID protocols will be in place to reduce the risk for everyone including smaller class sizes, mandatory face coverings, frequent hand washing and/or sanitizing as well as COVID screening the morning of the class. Full details will be provided by email prior to the course.
Stoney Creek/Hamilton Border
The Home Alone Safety for Kids program is also available through our Program Partners at other locations. Please visit their website for complete course schedule and registration details.
- Home Alone Course in Windsor click here
- Alone Course in Vancouver, Surrey, Burnaby, Coquitlam, Langley, Delta, Chilliwack, Kelowna SOS 4 Kids
- Home Alone Course in Calgary, Edmonton, Red Deer, Lethbridge, Medicine Hat, Airdrie, Grande Prairie SOS 4 Kids
- Home Alone Course in Brandon, Winnipeg, Steinbech SOS 4 Kids
- Home Alone Course in Saskatoon, Regina, Prince Albert, Moose Jaw SOS 4 Kids
- Home Alone Course in Montreal, Sudbury, Ottawa, Kitchener, London, Windsor SOS 4 Kids
- Home Alone Course in Halifax, St. John’s, Moncton, Saint John SOS 4 Kids
- Almonte, Arnprior, Brantford, Cambridge, Carleton Place, Coburg, Gatineau, Guelph, Kitchener, Montreal, Pembroke, Renfrew, Stratford, Waterloo – Safety Tree Canada
- Ajax, Whitby, Durham, ON – Municipality of West Grey
- Trenton – Be Prepared First Aid
- Toronto East – Zodiac Kids
- London, Woodstock – City of Woodstock