Home Alone course – Ajax
- PA Day
April 5, 2019
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
The Home Alone Safety for Kids program helps families decide if their child is ready to stay home alone. This one-day program takes place in the Admirals’s Room at the Ajax Community Centre and helps empower youth with confidence and skills to care for themselves when home alone!
- Street smarts
- Stranger awareness and how to recognize tricky people
- Basic first aid
- Healthy snacking
- Age-appropriate activities and games
- Strategies to create a safe and positive environment and prevent injuries
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills to handle emergencies
About this course:
- 6 hours
- Taught by facilitators with a first aid and teaching background
CHILDREN ARE TO BRING A NUT-FREE LUNCH AND SNACKS TO CLASS.