My Safe Life – Personal Safety for Kids Course in Oakville
We're sorry, but all tickets sales have ended because the event is expired.
March Break - Tuesday
March 12, 2019
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
This program teaches children to recognize when they feel their personal safety is being compromised and helps to make children feel empowered to have a voice and speak up. Big topics include tricky people, bullying, online safety as well as how to get help from known and unknown adults. Other traditional topics are also covered, including fire safety and injury prevention.
- People safety (strangers, tricky people and bullies)
- Online safety
- Fire safety
- Travel safety
- Strategies for getting help
- Decision-making skills to handle emergencies
- How to recognize risky situations and prevent injuries
- Basic first aid skills
About this course:
- 6-7 hours
- Taught by facilitators with a first aid and teaching background
CHILDREN ARE ASKED TO BRING A NUT-FREE LUNCH AND SNACKS TO CLASS.
Venue: The Meeting House, 2700 Bristol Circle, Oakville
2700 Bristol Circle, Oakville, Canada, L6H 6E1