Virtual Babysitter’s Course – 4:30-6pm EST (Toronto time)
November 27, 2023
4:30 pm - 6:00 pm
SOS 4 Kids offers the Red Cross Babysitting Course in a virtual classroom through the use of Zoom Meeting technology. The same great course content with a live instructor, taught in the comfort of your own home. Camera/Microphone enabled device and high-speed internet are required. Parent/Guardians are responsible to ensure adequate supervision of their children during this program.
Empower youth with confidence and skills to care for themselves and for other children at this babysitters course! The Babysitting course covers everything from managing difficult behaviours to essential content on leadership and professional conduct as a babysitter.
- How to care for babies, toddlers, pre-schoolers and school-aged children
- Strategies to create a safe and positive environment and prevent injuries
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills to handle emergencies and give first aid
- Age-appropriate activities and games
- Communication and basic business skills
This class will be taught through Zoom Meeting technology over four 90 minute sessions. Participants will need a device that supports Zoom technology, with audio and video capability and high-speed internet.
About this course:
- Taught by facilitators with a first aid and teaching background
- All participants will receive the Red Cross Babysitter’s manual, shipped by regular mail upon course completion. All successful participants also receive a Red Cross Babysitter’s certificate by mail. Please ensure your full mailing address is included when registering your child.
PARTICIPANTS WILL NEED A DOLL OR TEDDY BEAR WHEN ATTENDING CLASS VIRTUALLY.
Venue: Virtual Zoom Meeting