Home Alone Course – Stoney Creek
April 13, 2019
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
The Home Alone Safety for Kids program helps families decide if their child is ready to stay home alone. This one-day program will help empower youth with confidence and skills to care for themselves when home alone! This class is held in the Fortinos Community Room (Upper Centennial) and includes lunch.
- Strategies to create a safe and positive environment and prevent injuries
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills to handle emergencies
- Online safety, Fire safety, Stranger awareness
- Age-appropriate activities and games
- Basic first aid
- Healthy snacks
About this course:
- Taught by facilitators with first aid and teaching background
- All participants receive a manual and certificate of attendance
THIS CLASS INCLUDES LUNCH AND SNACKS. NOTE: Fortinos cannot guarantee an allergen-free environment. If your child has a life-threatening allergy, please make sure you send his or her epi-pen.
Venue: Fortinos - 21 Upper Centennial Pkwy - includes complimentary lunch