Red Cross Babysitters Course in Markham
June 9, 2018
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Empower youth with confidence and skills to care for themselves and for other children at this babysitters course in Markham at Grace Anglican Church! The Canadian Red Cross Babysitting Course, refreshed and revised, covers everything from managing difficult behaviours to essential content on leadership and professional conduct as a babysitter.
- How to care for babies, toddlers, pre-schoolers and school-aged children
- Strategies to create a safe and positive environment and prevent injuries
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills to handle emergencies and give first aid
- Age-appropriate activities and games
- Communication and basic business skills
About this course:
- Taught by facilitators with a first aid and teaching background
- All participants receive a Red Cross Babysitter’s manual
- All successful participants receive a Red Cross Babysitter’s certificate
PLEASE BRING A DOLL OR TEDDY BEAR TO CLASS. CHILDREN ARE TO BRING A NUT-FREE LUNCH AND SNACKS.